Blogs, and business blogs in particular, are fantastic tools for communicating, engaging, and attracting your audience. Blogs help to generate interest, build brand value, and boost your website’s SEO.
Did you know that 60% of businesses that have blogs acquire more customers than businesses without blogs?
Blogs can consist of images, words, and videos — you aren’t limited in your content type or style — and they have the potential to generate long-term value for your brand.
Why should my business have a blog?
Some business owners don’t understand the value of blogs. For many, it seems like just another task that they don’t have time for. However, they are missing opportunities.
On average, companies with blogs produce 67% more leads per month than those without.
As a business owner, you may not have the time or interest to write blogs — and that’s okay, you should focus on your business (what you do best) and leave the creativity and writing to the experts.
Having a blog on your website will help you:
- Engage with your existing customers and prospective customers
- Represent your business as the expert
- Showcase your successes
- Offer tips and other helpful information
- Build your brand online
- Provide content to share on social platforms
- Increase your audience
- Extend offers to grow your email list
Creating valuable content on a regular basis will affect your customers in four key ways:
- Attract – Customers will be interested/excited by your business.
- Engage – Customers will visit your website, read your content, and connect with your brand.
- Return – Customers will repeat their visits to your website or brick-and-mortar store.
- Share – Customers will share your content, which will grow your audience.
At Intrigue, we have seen some amazing results from the blogs that we write for our clients.
In a recent comparison for one of our clients, the data showed that one of our blogs received 1,285 views in less than a month — compared to a blog written by a different marketing company that received only 20 views in 3.5 months.
This is a notable increase in engagement which has helped to boost their brand recognition.
Companies that implement content marketing strategies see 6x higher conversion rates than those who don’t.
So, what are you waiting for?