At Intrigue, our purpose is to empower leaders to strengthen communities. We believe that success is built on leadership and we’re committed to building leaders at every level of the organization. The world is full of people waiting for someone else to make a change, leaders step up to create the change they want to see in the world.
We are on a mission to 10x the impact of Intrigue for entrepreneurs across North America. Our goal is to empower 500 clients per year with our Marketing Action Plans in the next 10 years. This is a bold target and we’re committed to bringing it to life.
Working at Intrigue is not for everyone. We expect a lot in terms of personal growth, mastering your craft, and leading others. Our organization has built a platform to do that, but it takes a lot of work from each member of our team.
You are someone who loves to foster great relationships. Delighting and taking care of clients is second nature to you. You are passionate about helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
You get energized by a day filled with phone calls and meetings with business owners. You want to build marketing strategies for entrepreneurs to help them reach their goals. You picture yourself at the top of the leaderboard, and you won’t stop until you get there.
You present yourself professionally, you are accountable, and you seek personal growth. You are comfortable managing a roster of client campaigns and are creative, detail-oriented, hungry for success, and not afraid to fail forward.
If you are ready to start empowering leaders to strengthen communities, apply now and let’s get to work.
We are looking to hire someone either hybrid or in-office. You must be available to work during Intrigue’s core hours of operation (8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST). While hiring locally for this position is important to us, Intrigue allows team members to work fully remotely, come into the office every day, or find a personal balance that works for their lifestyle. Intrigue is a collaborative, hybrid workplace. In this role, you may be required to travel locally and attend events outside of normal business hours.
Compensation is base salary between $40,000 – $60,000 plus commission.
Additional compensation-related perks are outlined on our website.
In your role as an Account Manager, you will manage client relationships, drive client campaign strategies, and collaborate with team members to streamline processes and hit client campaign goals. You will work with business owners, C-suite level executives, and marketing teams across a variety of industries, with a particular focus on landscaping, HVAC, and home services businesses. You will provide recommendations to enhance marketing campaigns, develop and execute strategies, and measure results.
Here’s what the role looks like:
- Support Intrigue’s goal of empowering 500 entrepreneurs annually by ensuring client satisfaction, hitting campaign goals, and renewing clients’ plans.
- Renew digital marketing campaigns between $40,000 and $100,000 per year with current clients and expand accounts by offering additional value.
- Work with our internal team and leaders to develop creative solutions and integrated marketing plans for clients.
- Work alongside business owners, C-suite level executives, and our client’s internal marketing teams, to meet their objectives.
- Analyze campaign results to inform tactical changes that improve campaigns.
- Achieve a Net Promoter Score of 70 or higher.
- Respond to queries, client calls, and emails to provide a world-class level of customer service.
- Follow the Intrigue Sales, Account Manager, and Client Experience Process to keep projects on track and on time.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients and agencies.
- Update and maintain account history and activity in Salesforce.
What does success look like?
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Learn about revenue models and best practice marketing and sales strategies.
- Report on the success of client campaigns using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and other analytics tools.
- Clearly communicate strategies and marketing information to clients.
- Navigate difficult conversations and complaints with confidence.
- Qualify prospective clients by your third month.
- Deliver a Marketing Action Plan (MAP Presentation) and lead campaign renewal meetings by your sixth month.
- Comfortably manage your own accounts and conduct client sessions within your first eight months.
What we’re looking for:
Account Managers will come to us with a sales and client management background, strong communication skills, and experience presenting to internal and external groups of all sizes.
Your skills include:
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a relevant field
- Knowledge of and experience in digital marketing
- A passion for helping entrepreneurs and business owners
- Experience managing 10 or more accounts is an asset
- Experience working in a CRM, Salesforce is preferred
- Experience with G-Suite, including Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Data Studio
- Confidence presenting to teams, business owners, and executives
- Knowledge of WordPress and email marketing platforms is an asset
You embody the following attributes:
- Strong communicator
- Resiliency and a passion for personal growth
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Positive attitude
- Hungry for success
- A learner’s mindset
- Relish challenges
- Enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment
Intrigue’s Hiring Process
We are looking to bring on a new team member as soon as possible. If you apply for this role, here is the process you can expect:
- Along with your application form submission, we would love to see your resume or LinkedIn profile and a cover letter to let us know why you feel you are a good fit for the role. These can be sent to Chelsey Mathieu, Intrigue’s Recruitment & Culture Specialist, at email@example.com
- Qualified applicants will be invited to a 15-minute compatibility call with Chelsey (think of it as speed dating for a job application).
- If your experience is the right fit for Intrigue, and you feel that you would like to continue the conversation, we will ask you to join Chelsey, Vanessa McQuade (Senior Account Executive and Owner at Intrigue), and Ryan Vielma (Account Manager and Owner at Intrigue) for a career discussion.
- We will ask you to complete an Emergenetics Profile and provide you with a debrief and coaching session to understand your profile.
- As a case study for this role, we may ask you to join us in the office to experience what working at Intrigue is like.
- We will also speak to your references as a piece of this process.
- The last step in the process is, of course, the offer stage!
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that supports and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. As an organization, we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If requested, our hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-877-240-0305, and the appropriate accommodations will be made.