At Intrigue, our purpose is to empower leaders to strengthen communities. We believe that success is built on leadership and we’re committed to building leaders at every level of the organization. The world is full of people waiting for someone else to make a change, leaders step up to create the change they want to see in the world.
We are on a mission to 10x the impact of Intrigue for entrepreneurs across North America. Our goal is to empower 500 clients per year with our Marketing Action Plans in the next 10 years. This is a bold target and we’re committed to bringing it to life.
Working at Intrigue is not for everyone. We expect a lot in terms of personal growth, mastering your craft, and leading others. Our organization has built a platform to do that, but it takes a lot of work from each member of our team.
You’re not just a designer; you’re a visionary and a storyteller, ready to shape how entrepreneurs do business. You have a passion for creating designs that will help generate real on-page results.
With your eye for design and a drive for success, you are the creative force behind captivating websites, implementing best practice UX/UI into your designs. You have a talent for incorporating sophisticated colours, adding refinement to web designs, logos, and more.
As a leader who values personal growth, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing client website designs, collaborating with developers, and staying ahead of industry trends.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to empower leaders to strengthen communities, and embracing your role as a strategic thinker and lifelong learner, apply now, and let’s start working together.
We are looking to hire someone who will work from our head office location. While hiring locally for this position is important to us, Intrigue allows team members flexibility in their working schedules to come and go from the office, and find personal balance for their lifestyle. Intrigue is a collaborative, hybrid workplace.
Please do not apply to this role if you are looking for a web development role. This is a design-first role and we are looking for someone with a keen-eye for designing, UX, and colours.
Check out our Perks page to learn about the benefits of a career with Intrigue.
Compensation is base salary, ranging from $55,000 to $60,000. Additional compensation-related perks are outlined on our website.
As a Web Designer, you will work with the Web Team to strategize, create designs, and work with our clients to create successful marketing campaigns. You will work to create designs for websites and landing pages, among other projects, that follow best practices for marketing and design, while meeting the client’s designated goals.
Here’s what that looks like:
- Design websites while bringing best practice UX/UI to our clients
- Work within WordPress, using structural layouts from existing sites, to design and build new websites.
- Advise on photos and images to be used on websites.
- Lead design and branding sessions with clients in order to understand their company, industry, and personality, and develop a design strategy based on these factors.
- Manage a number of clients and your own workflow schedule.
- Facilitate client meetings to understand their industry, then develop a design strategy based on these factors.
- Advise clients and account managers on strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Work directly with our software developers, giving them specs and assets to create world class User Experiences for Intrigue’s Software Products.
- Stay current on graphic design marketing industry best practices and utilize those findings to improve our designs.
- Conducting user quality assurance (QA) work to identify possible problems before launch
What we’re looking for:
Your skills and experience include:
- Ability to Design in WordPress: In-depth knowledge, considering the limits and capabilities of templates.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects), Figma: Expertise in industry-standard design tools for versatile and high-quality creations.
- Understanding of Templates and Restrictions of Web-Based Design Aspects: Navigating design challenges within the context of web-based frameworks.
- Ability to Create Designs to Drive Results Under Tight Timelines: Quick communication and responsiveness to edits and suggestions, ensuring timely project delivery.
- Comfort with Collaboration and Back-and-Forth Workflow: Maintaining project objectives while working seamlessly in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Designing for E-commerce Platforms: Applying best practices for optimal online shopping experiences.
- Proficiency in Creating Designs for Different Devices, Screen Sizes, AODA Compliance: Ensuring adaptability and accessibility in design.
- Experience and Understanding of CSS & JSON: Strong assets that contribute to advanced design capabilities.
- Knowledge of Basic Principles of SEO: Aligning designs with SEO best practices for enhanced visibility and performance.
You embody the following attributes:
- Strong communicator and active listener
- Resiliency and a passion for personal growth
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Positive attitude
- Hungry for success
- A learner’s mindset
- Relish challenges
- Honest, even when it’s tough
- Follow through on promises and commitments
- Enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment
We are looking to have someone join our team as soon as possible. If you are thinking of applying for this role, here is the process you can expect:
- Please apply on this page. Qualified applicants will be invited to a 15-minute video discovery call with Chelsey Mathieu (Intrigue’s Recruitment & Culture Specialist). You will also be asked to submit a portfolio or sample(s) of your work.
- If we feel that your experience is the right fit for Intrigue, and you feel that you would like to continue the conversation, we will ask you complete a website design oriented case study where you will get a feel for our working environment and relationship. This project will be presented to Bill Rasmussen, Intrigue’s Senior Web Developer, Rob Murray, Intrigue’s Co-founder & CEO, and Chelsey.
- If both Intrigue and yourself have the desire to continue forward, we will ask you to join us in a formal interview following your case study completion.
- If we both feel there is still a great fit after these steps, Intrigue will extend you an offer for the position!
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that supports and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. As an organization, we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If requested, our hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team at email@example.com or call us at 877-240-0305, and the appropriate accommodations will be made.
We look forward to hearing from you!