Have you been in business for 5+ years? Did you develop your website years ago and haven’t put any work into it since? Guess what…you’re not alone.
We get it.
We understand that business owners are focused on incoming sales, growing a customer database, and managing financials. Odds are that updating your website isn’t on your lengthy to-do list. However, ask yourself this: When someone asks for your business’ website address, are you embarrassed to give it them?
It doesn’t have to be this way.
No More Excuses
At Intrigue, we regularly hear all kinds of excuses from business owners about why they aren’t taking action to update their website. Here are some of our favourites, along with our solutions:
I don’t know how I want my website to look.
That’s okay. Leave the designing to the professionals.
Professional designers know how make your website attractive and engaging, and they know how to use the latest software to design a site that your customers will love.
I don’t have time to write what I want on the website.
That’s okay. Leave the wordsmithing to the professionals.
Your time is better spent running a company, not writing pages for a website. We’ll meet with you to ensure we are understanding your business, your audience, and your goals — and our expert, in-house copywriters will craft it all for you.
Get A Better Website Than Your Competition
I don’t really know if I need a new website.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you embarrassed to give customers your website url?
- Do you spend hours every week struggling to update your website?
- Are you chasing your website developer to make your requested changes?
- Are you frustrated trying to make website content look professional?
- Does your website show an outdated range of products or services?
- Is your website hard to navigate?
- Does your data show that visitors leave your site quickly?
- Does your website feel like someone else’s brand?
- Does your homepage look like it was designed in the 90’s?
- Does your website display poorly on a mobile phone?
- Are your competitors ranking higher than you on Google?
If you answered yes to any of the following questions then you need to take action.
It’s Time for a Change
A website is a necessary tool for any business. It’s a source of valuable information, it’s a place to showcase your projects/products/services, and it can act as a 24/7 storefront (eCommerce) where items can be bought and help boost revenue for your business.
You shouldn’t be embarrassed to direct customers to your website. Give your awesome business an awesome website.
If you’re embarrassed about your website and you’re fed up with feeling that way, stop making excuses and start the conversation.