How To Advertise Your Landscaping Business in 2022
Wondering how to advertise your landscape or lawn care business? When traditional methods like door hangers, signs, and radio ads aren’t drumming up enough new qualified leads, it’s time to turn your attention to digital strategies.
From Google ads for landscape companies that get your business details in front of searchers to Facebook and Instagram ads that get the word out on social media, pay-per-click advertising can help you ramp up new business and profitability.
Here’s a closer look at what PPC really is, why paid advertising is so important, and how pay-per-click advertising can help you grow your business.
What is pay-per-click advertising?
An example of an effective PPC ad for Geldeman.
Pay-per-click advertising, more commonly referred to as PPC, is a form of marketing that harnesses the power of search engines to generate new traffic and sales. Unlike organic lead generation, which uses non-paid efforts like content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) to boost your brand’s visibility, PPC ads cost money.
In this case, how much you spend depends on how many clicks you get. You start by creating an ad, then every time someone clicks the link to visit your website or other landing page, you’re charged for the conversion.
One of the biggest benefits of PPC is the chance to target specific audiences. You can choose who sees your ads by dialing in key demographics. For instance, if you are trying to expand your landscaping business to a neighboring city, you can set your ads to show only to consumers in a specific area or who reside in a certain radius surrounding a set location.
Depending on the platform, you can also target ads according to:
- Relationship status
- Education/field of study
- Job title
- Life events
- Device types
- Whether people have searched for a service similar to yours preciously
- Whether they’ve visited your page/website before
So, you could theoretically create a custom audience targeting local individuals who just bought a new home and present them with a paid ad offering your annual yard maintenance package. Or you could run an ad targeting busy professionals showcasing your eye-catching landscaping designs that require little to no upkeep. The possibilities are endless!
How to advertise your landscape business with Google Ads
Does it make sense to run Google ads for lawn care companies? Absolutely it does, especially if you put the time and effort into running the best PPC campaigns — or hire professionals who understand online ads as well as you understand landscaping.
Google Ads can be complex. The algorithms and rules are always changing. But the benefits can’t be ignored. Google’s own analytics show that 76% of people who use their smartphone to search for a nearby business will visit that business within one day. Furthermore, for every dollar companies spend on Google Ads, they bring in an average revenue of $2, essentially doubling their investment.
Creating a Google Ad for your landscaping or lawn care company involves several steps, the first of which is choosing your campaign. Yes, there’s more than one type of Google Ad. In fact, there are five: Search, Display, Video, Shopping, and App.
For landscaping ads, most people start with search ads, which are mostly text-based and show up alongside Google search results. Display ads are like those banner ads you see on websites, while video ads show up on YouTube.
To get started, create your Google Ads account (if you don’t already have one), then pick your campaign and a specific goal, like getting more website traffic or sales. Then you’ll need to:
- Craft an audience
- Set your ad campaign budget and bidding
- Set up ad groups (these are basically collections of keywords, like “landscape design”, “landscape services in Dallas,” “high-end lawn care”, and so on)
- Actually create the ads
- Follow ad activity and look at analytics to see which campaigns generate the best ROAS (return on ad spend)
How to use Facebook and Instagram ads to advertise your landscaping business
An example of a Facebook ad for Gelderman.
Using Instagram or Facebook ads for landscaping is a lot like Google Ads in some ways, but instead of targeting people while they’re searching, you’re trying to connect with them while they browse social media.
More than 3.6 billion people use social media, and that number is growing. Some 57% of consumers say they follow a brand on social media and over one-quarter find new brands to love thanks to social ads. Facebook also gets the highest return on investment of all paid channels for most companies.
Creating a social media ad campaign is crucial to growing your business, but it’s also time-consuming. Because you’re not connecting with consumers who are already searching for your product or service, your message needs to be compelling and on-target. You’ll follow many of the same steps you used for Google Ads (creating audiences, etc.), but instead of focusing on keywords, you’ll expend more energy on motivating consumers through content.
Still, the creation process looks familiar:
- Set your marketing objective from three categories: Awareness, Consideration, or Conversion.
- Create a target audience so you can narrow down consumers according to where they live, whether they show interest in landscaping or lawn care, if they’ve just bought a new house, etc..
- Write your actual ad copy, leaving lots of white space and adding a call-to-action, like “Click here to download a free checklist to get your lawn ready for spring!”.
- Attach an image — visuals tend to increase engagement and are shown to help people retain information longer.
- Watch your analytics and shift your ad budget if one campaign has a better ROI/cost-per-click than another.
Tips for creating the best-performing ads for landscape companies
Want to make the most of your campaigns? Tweak your efforts using these quick tips:
- Use great visuals like infographics to educate consumers
- Offer “gated content” in the form of eBooks, guides, checklists, and other free material in exchange for contact information
- Use ads as the top of the funnel to draw awareness. Ads that exist on their own aren’t as effective as ads paired with landing pages, testimonials, promotions, and email sequences.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA) so customers know what you want them to do, such as click, sign up, visit, buy, etc. — this simple addition can boost your Facebook ad click-through rate by as much as 285%
- Strategically use the five power words (You, Free, Because, Instantly, New) to increase ad engagement
Learning how to advertise your landscape services or seasonal offerings can help drive revenue significantly, but it takes time and effort. Bringing in experts to run and monitor your campaigns can ensure you get a good return on your investment while freeing you to focus on your business and the tasks you enjoy most.
Looking to use online ads to advertise your landscaping company and drive more business? Contact the team at Intrigue today for help with Google PPC campaigns, Facebook and Instagram ads, and so much more.
2 thoughts on “How To Advertise Your Landscaping Business in 2022”
Nunc fringilla libero sit amet gravida commodo.