Intrigue is proud to announce that we are now a Certified B Corporation™, or B Corp™ — joining the ranks of businesses that are committed to balancing purpose and profit.
Given Intrigue’s purpose of Empowering Leaders To Strengthen Communities, we see the B Corp Certification as a natural extension of our business.
What Does It Mean To Be B Corp Certified?
Certified B Corps use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability — and they are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders.
Society’s most challenging problems cannot be solved by government and nonprofits alone. The B Corp community works toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, customers, suppliers, communities, and the environment.
Fun Facts About B Corps:
- There are almost 4,000 B Corps in 150 industries and 74 countries with 1 unifying goal: to redefine what success means in business.
- The Certification process uses credible, comprehensive, transparent, and independent standards of social and environmental performance.
- The B Corp assessment process measures a company’s performance in five categories: governance, workers, customers, community, and the environment.
- B Corp Certification is a highly selective status. Companies must document their positive impact to qualify and undergo verification every three years to maintain their Certification.
What Intrigue Is Doing As A Certified B Corp
Here are some of the initiatives that Intrigue is involved in:
- Providing Expert Diversity and Inclusion training to all team members.
- Paying all hourly employees a living wage.
- Extending a robust health insurance and benefits plan to all team members.
- Providing full financial transparency to team members.
- Providing an E-Waste Disposal Policy while working from home.
- Investing in renewable energy through Bullfrog Power to offset carbon emissions.
We are thrilled to be joining a global community of leaders who are using business as a force for good in the world. We hope to inspire and work with other leaders to do the same.