COVID-19 is changing the landscape of our everyday lives. It’s impacting our daily routines, our spending habits, the way we connect online, and how often we interact online.
Business owners, large and small, are feeling the effects of this change. They are looking for guidance about how to manage their digital marketing strategies and, in particular, their pay-per-click (PPC) strategies.
We hear a lot of our clients asking, “How do I communicate to my audience right now” and “How do I make decisions about my PPC strategy and ad spend budgets?”
These are tough questions.
We’ve put together some insights to help business owners and digital marketers find the right answers for their brand.
What Is A PPC Strategy?
A PPC strategy is a paid ad strategy that includes Google Ads and Facebook Ads campaigns. It’s a key component in creating a branded online presence for many businesses.
Whether a business is looking to generate awareness, reach wider audiences, or drive traffic, leads, and sales, a PPC strategy is an effective way to accomplish these goals.
You can start your PPC Strategy regardless of your budget and the reporting is transparent.
How To Make Decision About Your PPC Strategy During Challenging Times
For business owners and marketers already running PPC strategies, the question in challenging times like these becomes:
- Do I keep my PPC strategy running and pivot the ad messaging?
- Do I pull my advertising spend and completely pause for the time being?
The answer isn’t the same for everyone and we know that you know your business best.
The Conversion Team at Intrigue has been helping clients navigate these exact challenges. We’ve put together some helpful tips and recommendations to help you make your decision:
Our Recommendation: Keep Your PPC Strategies Running…If You Can
We recommend that businesses keep their PPC strategies running — including Google Ad and Facebook Ad campaigns — if possible.
Building a successful online presence and ad strategy takes time and money. By keeping your ads running, you can ensure your marketing investment continues to work towards your business goals. Continuing your PPC strategy maintains the momentum you’ve built to-date and keeps your business top-of-mind and in front of your audience.
Why Do We Recommend Keeping Your Paid Advertising Strategies Running?
Your audience is still interacting online — now more than ever before.
If your brand isn’t present, there’s a good chance one of your competitors is. It’s a great opportunity to connect with your audience in a genuine way, to let them know you’re there for them, and what you can offer them right now.
Does It Make Sense To Advertise If You Can’t Operate Your Business As Usual?
If your business can’t operate as usual or isn’t able to offer any products or services at this time, there is still value in staying in front of your audience.
This can be a difficult challenge to navigate for businesses. What we’ve found to be a successful strategy is to keep ads running while reducing ad spend budgets, updating your strategy’s focus, and adjusting your ad messaging.
This is a great way to maintain a positive presence with your audience and build brand equity.
Your brand stays top-of-mind so that when you start advertising your products or services again, your audience will be familiar with who you are (they’re ‘warmed-up’) and they will be more likely to convert into a sale.
How Intrigue Is Helping Our Clients Pivot Their PPC Strategies
- We keep ad campaigns running instead of temporarily pausing or stopping altogether. This ensures their audience knows they’re still open and conducting business.
- Our clients stay in front of their audience and protect their marketing investments instead of pulling out and letting the competition connect with their audience.
- We work with our clients to understand how COVID-19 is impacting their business. We find out the key information their audience is asking for and the most important message to communicate.
- We shift the tone of the message and focus on communicating what makes sense during this time. We recommend focusing less on selling and more on supporting the brand’s message. This allows the client to connect with their audience in a genuine way.
- PPC strategies and ad messaging are continually reviewed and updated to ensure they are relevant and up-to-date.
- This allows us to build key audience lists for future marketing purposes. When the client is ready to start running their lead and sales-focused campaigns, we will have a warmed-up, engaged audience to target. This audience will be more likely to convert compared to if the client had stopped ads altogether.
- Our clients end up ahead of their competitors, who didn’t keep their PPC Strategies running. They are able to grow engagement and trust with their audience to build long-lasting relationships.
Running a business and navigating your marketing decisions can be difficult during uncertain times.
Our team is here to support you, your business, and your brand! We’re working through this together and are here to provide our digital marketing insight and expertise to help you make key decisions for your business.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch.