Industry: Home Comfort & Fuel Supply
Location: Orangeville, Ontario
Bryan’s Fuel is a preferred provider of home comfort solutions in Southern Ontario, including furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, water heaters, and more. They are also an industry-leading fuel supplier for homes and businesses, delivering a variety of fuel sources from heating oil to propane and motor fuels.
Generate leads and increase awareness of their service offerings.
Bryan’s Fuel is a family-owned and operated business that was established by Roy Bryan in Orangeville in 1924. After almost a century in the heating and cooling industry, the company continues to be managed by the Bryan family and upholds its commitment to quality, integrity, and community involvement.
One of the major challenges faced by the team at Bryan’s Fuel is customers saying, “I didn’t know that you did that.” As a result, a major goal of their campaign was to improve and modernize the user experience on their website, in order to make it easier for customers to browse through the range of available services.
During their website audit, our team identified that many site assets existed in PDF form, which made it difficult to navigate or drive conversions. As a result, a focus of the campaign was to migrate these resources over to HTML pages, while preserving their existing page authority and backlinks.
- Lead Generation — Leads are the bottom line for any business and a major campaign goal was an increase in contact form completions through the website.
- Service Offering Awareness — A secondary goal was to raise awareness by ranking the site for more service-specific keywords.
- PDF Migration — Our team saw the migration of PDF resources onto the site as a valuable opportunity to encourage existing traffic to remain on their website for longer.
A flexible SEO package and landing page updates.
SEO Gold is Intrigue’s mid-tier retainer package for search engine optimization. The package is designed to provide the flexibility to address issues on a month-to-month basis, while ensuring sustained improvement for small to medium-sized business’ websites.
In addition to basic SEO tasks, the package also includes the scope for the following:
- Content Creation
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Design & User Experience Improvements
- Link Building
- Local Search & Google My Business Optimization
- Technical SEO
- Tracking Setup
- Web Development
Based on the Bryan’s Fuel site’s existing design and content, our team recommended a number of updates to specific services pages.
- Design Refresh
- We updated the website’s WordPress theme to modernize the design of the site and provide a more intuitive experience for visitors.
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- In order to streamline conversions, our team added clearer Calls-To-Action throughout the site and implemented on-page contact forms on most service pages.
- Landing Page Updates
- Our landing page updates were targeted to improve organic rankings, increase conversions, and boost quality scores for Pay-Per-Click campaigns.
- PDF Migrations
- Our audit identified PDF resources that were already performing well in search results so we could migrate them to web pages that preserved existing page authority.
- Reputation Management
- Over the course of the year, Bryan’s Fuel had several issues with fake 1-star reviews posted to their Google My Business page. Our team was able to successfully remove the majority of these reviews with a quick turnaround.
- Technical Improvements
- Our audit identified a number of backend issues, ranging from missing metadata and mixed content issues to page bloat and unminified JS and CSS.
53.9% Increase in Sessions
71.1% Increase in Users
The SEO package helped to increase organic traffic to Bryan’s Fuel’s website by a margin of over 7,000 sessions from 2018 to 2019. A large portion of the improvements were driven by landing page updates and the migration of PDF resources — which spiked in traffic over their busy season in November and December.
Win #1: Propane Pages Updates
After our initial audit of the site, our team identified a pair of landing pages, related to propane pricing and benefits, which were cannibalizing each other for similar groups of the keywords. The two pages were combined into a single page in early April.
These propane pages saw a 367% increase in sessions and a 400% increase in users from 2018 to 2019. In addition, the pages generated over 450 inquiries for pricing from September onwards, and this assisted the Bryan’s Fuel team in growing their email list.
Win #2: PDF Migrations
At the beginning of the campaign, our team reviewed the site’s Google Search Console data and noticed that a number of PDF resources on the website had earned natural backlinks and were attracting significant traffic through organic search.
Our team was able to migrate these PDFs to web pages, while preserving the backlinks and the authority of the pages. The result was a massive spike in the performance of these pages, as well as the ability to gather further data from Analytics tracking. These new pages generated 37 leads from September onwards.
This process was repeated successfully with several other PDF resources.
Our SEO campaign helped the Bryan’s Fuel team generate more leads for propane services, while leveraging existing content assets to increase traffic in new ways.
If you’re looking to increase the organic traffic and conversions for your business, learn more about an SEO package from Intrigue. Request an audit from our team today.