Business Development Leader
Now Hiring: Business Development Leader
Do you have what it takes?
Empowering Leaders to Strengthen Communities.
At Intrigue, we believe that success is built on leadership and we’re committed to building leaders at every level of the organization. Success rises and falls on leadership. The world is full of people waiting for someone else to make a change. Leaders step up to create the change they want to see in the world.
At Intrigue, we expect you to:
- Master Your Craft
- Support Your Team
- Advise Our Clients
- Be a Lifelong Learner
- Pursue Your Goals in Life
- Take Action
- Speak Up
- Get Involved in Your Community
We’re on a mission to 10x the impact of Intrigue for entrepreneurs across North America. Our goal is to empower 500 clients/year with our marketing action plans in the next 10 years. This is a bold target and we’re committed to bringing it to life.
People are the core of our success and we need a team of world-class client experience specialists to empower our clients to help grow their businesses.
If you are a lifelong learner, committed to leading yourself, a strong communicator, and a strategically oriented thinker, this position is for you.
We work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that embraces kaizen. Anyone looking to be comfortable and not push the envelope to be your best should not apply to this position.
Leadership starts within. We must be our best selves to empower each other and our clients. We must master our craft, and our emotions so we can support our community of clients to grow their businesses, build jobs, and create great places for people to work.
We must get involved in our communities and create the change we want to see.
Skills & Requirements
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies 4 years in a row, we are on a path to build the gold standard in marketing that entrepreneurs can trust to help grow their businesses.
You will have the opportunity to become a master of personal and professional development through this role. Grow your career by acquiring the mindset, knowledge, and experience needed to help grow companies across North America.
We’ll look to you to grow Intrigue’s client base. You must excel at finding and closing new business – if days full of phone calls, meetings and networking scare you, this position isn’t for you. You must present yourself professionally in all ways and at all times, be accountable, and a consistent self-starter.
At Intrigue Media, our sales team uses and internalizes the Sandler Selling System. If you know what this is, you know it’s awesome 🙂 If you don’t, you’re in luck! Training will be intense, and autonomy will be created by your results. Our team believes in transparency and results. All team members are tracked on their progress for the organization to see. If you like to be at the top of the Scoreboard, our culture will help you crush it! Our team members will become masters in sales and business development, communications, and professional growth
Your Mission, if you choose to accept it
- Support Intrigue’s goal to Empower 500 entrepreneurs annually
- Acquire new clients at an average of $50,000/yr
- Sell $750,000+ annually
- Continually prospect for and develop new business opportunities in the USA & Ontario
- Respond to inquiries and follow-up on all client calls and emails
- Attend networking events & conferences
- Update and maintain all account history and activity in Salesforce
- Work with our internal team, colleagues, and managers to develop integrated marketing strategies for your clients
- Required to travel, and to attend events outside of normal business hours, when public health deems appropriate
What Success Looks Like in This Role
- Minimum past earnings of $80,000+
- Experience selling $30,000 – $100,000 deals
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license
- Experience with cold calling
- Resiliency and a passion for personal growth
- A hunger to close sales
Following are a bonus, but not necessary
- Experience acquiring 2-4 new clients per month, at an average monthly investment of $4,000
- Knowledge and experience in digital marketing
- Experience working in a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with G-Suite
Who You Are
The ideal team member to join Intrigue for this role embodies the following:
- Wants to be a part of a scaling company
- Believes the team is more important than ourselves
- Follows through on promises
- Has attention to detail
- Is calm under pressure
- Is organized and plans to meet deadlines
- Is always honest, even when it is tough
- Follows through on commitments
- Is flexible & adaptable
- Is an active listener
- Is open to feedback
We are looking to have someone join our team by June of 2021.
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that supports and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. As an organization, we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If requested, our hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877-240-0305, and the appropriate accommodations will be made.
We look forward to hearing from you!