Junior Accounting Specialist
Now Hiring: Junior Accounting Specialist
Do you have what it takes?
Empowering Leaders to Strengthen Communities.
At Intrigue, we believe that success is built on leadership and we’re committed to building leaders at every level of the organization. Success rises and falls on leadership. The world is full of people waiting for someone else to make a change. Leaders step up to create the change they want to see in the world.
At Intrigue, we expect you to:
- Master Your Craft
- Support Your Team
- Advise Our Clients
- Be a Lifelong Learner
- Pursue Your Goals in Life
- Take Action
- Speak Up
- Get Involved in Your Community
We’re on a mission to 10x the impact of Intrigue for entrepreneurs across North America. Our goal is to empower 500 clients/year with our marketing action plans in the next 10 years. This is a bold target and we’re committed to bringing it to life.
The Junior Accounting Specialist plays a key role in making this happen as they are part of our Intrigue Administration Team. This team drives greater marketing efficiency, ultimately improving our overall business results.
If you are a lifelong learner, committed to leading yourself, a strong communicator, and a strategically oriented thinker, this position is for you.
We work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that embraces kaizen. Anyone looking to be comfortable and not push the envelope to be your best should not apply to this position.
Leadership starts within. We must be our best selves to empower each other and our clients. We must master our craft, and our emotions so we can support our community of clients to grow their businesses, build jobs, and create great places for people to work.
We must get involved in our communities and create the change we want to see.
As the Junior Accounting Specialist, you will be working alongside our Intrigue Administration team. This role will open the door to the world of leadership and culture.
The ideal candidate for this position comes with 2+ years of experience, and thrives within structured processes and managing detail. You’re a superb communicator, flexible, positive, detail-oriented, hungry for success and enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment.
You will be working closest with our Accountant, who is skilled at creating great processes and procedures and communicating them to the team. You will have an opportunity for continuous learning and development in the field of accounting/finance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage Credit Cards – match receipts, process entries, monthly reconciliation
- Audit function of the Ad Spend Process
- Manage and reconcile expenses for all Intrigue events, including Sales Team
- Vendor payments
- Create and maintain client files
- Manage Client invoice process, including upserve opportunities
- Daily Deposits, includes credit card processing, follow up with client request as required
Skills & Requirements
Required Skills & Experience
- University degree or College diploma focused in accounting/finance
- Desire to learn our business model
- Passion for client communication and management
- Ability to multitask & prioritize workload effectively
- Enjoys a balance of unfamiliar new tasks and repetitive work
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, specific to Quickbooks Online
- Understanding of accounting principles, process and workflow
- Strong attention to detail, with a passion for account reconciliation
- Excel skills – intermediate level
- Experience with payroll processing an asset
Who You Are
- The ideal team member to join Intrigue for this role embodies the following:
- Wants to be a part of a scaling company
- Wants to be a part of a scaling company
- Believes the team is more important than ourselves
- Holds people accountable
- Hires A players
- Develops people within the team
- Removes underperformers
- Has a network of talented people
- Follows through on promises
- Has attention to detail
- Is calm under pressure
- Is organized and plans in order to meet deadlines
- Is always honest, even when it is tough
- Follows through on commitments
- Is flexible & adaptable
- Is an active listener
- Is open to feedback
We are looking to have someone join our team by February of 2021. If you are thinking of applying for this role, here is the process you can expect:
- Please apply on this page. Following your application, you will receive an email asking you to submit a video submission outlining why you think you are a fit for Intrigue and this role.
- If you are selected to move forward in our recruitment process, Hannah Kowaleski, Intrigue’s Culture and Team Development Specialist will invite you to have a 30-minute video call.
- If she believes there is a good fit, you will be invited to a video meeting with Sharon Ura, Intrigue’s Finance Controller and HR Manager and Hannah.
- If both Intrigue and yourself feel there may be a good fit, we will invite you to have a short video call with Intrigue Co-Founder, Rob Murray.
- Following the conversation with Rob, you will be asked to complete an Emergenetics Assessment.
- Lastly, if we all feel that Intrigue is still an awesome fit, we will extend an offer for the position.
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that supports and promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. As an organization, we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If requested, our hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 519-265-4933 and the appropriate accommodations will be made.
We look forward to hearing from you!