Web Developer (New Grad)
Who you are…
- code===passionate?read below: still read below
- You’re a new grad, full of energy, wanting to make a career in web development
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent/ related college diploma
- You’re excited to implement your professional software development experience gathered through your co-ops or internships
- You’re ready to further apply your skills at a workplace where you can grow, be challenged and work with passionate developers
- You love working collaboratively on projects to create web assets for clients
- You have a positive attitude with a thirst for knowledge
- You have an ability to champion new ideas – You are eager to have your ideas incubated
What you can do…
- Understand relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Work with CMS such as WordPress, Ghost etc
- Utilize your basic knowledge of PHP
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud and other tools to transform design into code
- Write unit tests
- Use UI testing tools to test websites across browsers
- Set up DNS and the hosting of websites
- Use Git
- Implement your understanding and experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Use your strong written and oral communication skills to deal with team members and clients
- Complete detail-oriented tasks under tight timelines
What you’ll do…
- Assist and lead development for client projects using CMS such as WordPress and Ghost
- Collaborate with other developers (front-end and back-end) to create web assets on mobile and desktops
- Work closely with UX/UI designers
- Work with Google Analytics to support SEO efforts
- Manage and handle support tickets (feature requests) for clients
- Bring new ideas to the table
- Incubate your ideas and develop client facing solutions using CMS such as WordPress, Ghost, Statamic and frameworks such as React and VueJs
- Think in the cloud
Who we are…
At Intrigue, our purpose is empowering leaders to strengthen communities. We believe in giving the right people the right tools to solve problems for impacting the lives of others.
Intrigue is one of Canada’s 500 fastest growing companies 3 years in a row. We are developing technology to empower entrepreneurs around the globe and we need your help to make it happen.
We have developed an organization for leaders to grow.
Grow in their craft.
Grow personally, and
Grow their careers.
Our team is expected to grow every day, every week, every month, and every year. We know that the only way that we will prosper in the chaotic environment of the 21st century marketplace is by having people that believe in themselves, their team, and their organization. The way for us to do that is to grow as individuals and to grow as leaders.
Our vision is to empower leaders in 1000 communities, and we are on track to make this a reality! This means that we need everyone to be a leader themselves. Only when each team member is a leader in their own right, are we able to lead ourselves, our clients, and our community.
At Intrigue, we acknowledge that technology changes every day, and we continue to grow as a team with it. We encourage adventurous, exploring and inquisitive minds; we will work together to meet your potential and expand your skills. You will be joining a team that loves playing with new tech!