Wordpress Web Developer
Now Hiring: WordPress Web Developer
Do you have what it takes?
Empowering Leaders to Strengthen Communities.
At Intrigue, we believe that success is built on leadership and we’re committed to building leaders at every level of the organization. Success rises and falls on leadership. The world is full of people waiting for someone else to make a change. Leaders step up to create the change they want to see in the world.
At Intrigue we expect you to:
- Master Your Craft
- Support Your Team
- Advise Our Clients
- Be a Lifelong Learner
- Pursue Your Goals in Life
- Take Action
- Speak Up
- Get Involved in Your Community
We’re on a mission to 10x the impact of Intrigue for entrepreneurs across North America. Our goal is to empower 500 clients/year with our marketing action plans in the next 10 years. This is a bold target and we’re committed to bringing it to life.
Websites are at the heart of every marketing plan we create and we need a team of world class website developers to empower our clients to grow their businesses.
If you are a lifelong learner, committed to leading yourself, a strong communicator, and a strategically oriented thinker, this position is for you.
We work in a fast paced, ever changing environment that embraces kaizen. Anyone looking to be comfortable and not push the envelope to be your best should not apply to this position.
Leadership starts within. We must be our best selves to empower each other and our clients. We must master our craft, and our emotions so we can support our community of clients to grow their businesses, build jobs, and create great places for people to work.
We must get involved in our communities and create the change we want to see.
Skills & Requirements
- Three years of intermediate PHP development skills
- Three years of HTML & CSS development
- Intermediate SASS & GULP
- Required experience with WordPress theme development and Advanced Custom Fields
- Familiar with Bootstrap Framework
- Knowledge of working with git as source control
- Familiar with the precautions of mobile web development, understand the compatibility issues of cross-device and browser
- Sufficient server and cPanel knowledge to be able to back-up and move WordPress websites
- Understanding of WordPress security issues
- Knowledge of common WordPress plugins (Gravity Forms, Yoast, Security plugins, etc.) and routine troubleshooting for conflicts
- Intermediate Search Engine Optimization experience
- Intermediate Conversion Rate Optimization experience
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Work hours that overlap with at least 30 hours of the EST timezone (8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- UX and design skills nice to have
What Success Looks Like in This Role
Here is the skill set we are looking for in the person joining our team in this role:
- You will be able to provide client strategies and scopes for website development, keeping SEO and CRO in mind to account managers
- You will be able to build team capacity to ensure we have the right people to do quality work to hit revenue targets
- Ensure we produce world class work with minimal client complaints
- Ensure all websites are live in less than 45 days from content session date
- Ensure the team is hitting their monthly production goals
Who You Are
- The ideal team member to join Intrigue for this role embodies the following:
- Wants to be a part of a scaling company
- Believes the team is more important than ourselves
- Follows through on promises
- Has attention to detail
- Is calm under pressure
- Is organized and plans in order to meet deadlines
- Is always honest, even when it is tough
- Follows through on commitments
- Is flexible & adaptable
- Is an active listener
- Is open to feedback
We are looking to have someone join our team by June of 2021. If you are thinking of applying for this role, here is the process you can expect:
- Please apply on this page, we are asking for people to submit a video submission outlining why they think they are a fit for Intrigue and this role
- If we believe there is a good fit, you will be invited to a video meeting with Paul Demarco (Intrigue C0-Founder) and Katie Fong (Intrigue’s Web Team Lead)
- If both Intrigue and yourself feel there may be a good fit, we will ask you to participate in a case study where we ca work together on a small project to get a feel for a working relationship together. This project will then be presented to Katie & Paul.
- If we both feel there is still a great fit after that, Intrigue will extend you an offer for the position
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that supports and promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. As an organization, we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If requested, our hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team at email@example.com or call us at 519-265-4933 and the appropriate accommodations will be made.
We look forward to hearing from you!