Our Giving Tuesday Recap for 2016
Discovering that the hashtag #GivingRing was trending on Twitter was undoubtedly the highlight of the day—and we could not have done it without everyone’s support & participation!
We were able to raise $1,200 for humane societies across Ontario! Thanks to everyone who donated.
A big shout out to everyone else who took part in our 2016 #GivingRing campaigns in Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Milton and Oakville—in whatever small way! This blog does not have enough space to acknowledge all the individuals who volunteered their time to join our initiative, but we would like to take a moment to highlight some special helpers:
- Jay Reid & Hayley Kellett of The Making-Box were a huge part of the planning process and joined our teams on the day itself, along with Hayley’s cat Romulus. These two definitely proved that comedy is not the only way they can make people smile!
- Speedpro Imaging Guelph did an amazing job printing our designs for the #GivingRing and generously donated towards the endeavour!
- The UPS Store #82 on Silvercreek was able to help out by printing our hand-out cards with Malcolm and Mabel on them, as a donation towards the cause
- The Cambridge & District Humane Society gave their time to accompany our team member Kevin around the community, along with the adorable Buffy, who graciously agreed to take selfies with people.
- The Guelph Humane Society, Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society, and Oakville Humane Society — thank you for doing what you do! We are so happy that we were willing to be part of this campaign.
- Finally, thanks to local initiatives Guelph Gives and Giving Tuesday WR for being our Twitter buddies throughout the day and doing so much to help spread the word in the community!
Thank you all for your time, hard work, and support!
You can watch our video recap of the day’s activities below:
If you’d still like to donate, you can do so here!