Location: Guelph, Ontario
Jeffery & Spence is a full-service insurance brokerage with an expert team that offers personal and reliable services. Since 1927, their team has provided Ontarians with protection and peace of mind by providing superior personal and business insurance policies. They are focused on their customers’ lifestyles and unique needs.
Modernize their digital presence and grow lead generation year-over-year
Jeffery & Spence Insurance Brokers is a family business that was established in 1927 and has been in operation for nearly a century. The company has a well-established reputation in the city of Guelph, but their digital presence was outdated.
As a new generation of the family prepared to take over the business, the Jeffery & Spence team was looking for a marketing partner who would help to modernize their digital presence — starting with a new website that would generate leads and track user behaviour.
After the new website was built, the Jeffery & Spence team wanted to see consistent, year-over-year growth in traffic and conversions. Our team saw a good opportunity to invest in SEO, given the competitive nature of the insurance industry.
- Site Traffic & Lead Generation — Organic traffic and conversions were important performance indicators and their team wanted to see these metrics increase year-over-year.
- Local Search Rankings — Our audit of the client’s digital presence indicated a huge opportunity to improve local rankings for their Google My Business page.
A new website and a flexible SEO package to support it.
The first step in the process was the design and development of a new website that would be secure, mobile responsive, and properly optimized for search performance.
SEO Gold is Intrigue’s mid-tier retainer package for search engine optimization. The package is designed to provide the flexibility to address issues on a month-to-month basis, while ensuring sustained improvement for small to medium-sized business’ websites.
In addition to basic SEO tasks, the package also includes the scope for the following:
- Content Creation
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Design & User Experience Improvements
- Link Building
- Local Search & Google My Business Optimization
- Technical SEO
- Tracking Setup
- Web Development
- New Website
- The new website was designed to offer a modern look for the company and provide a more intuitive experience for visitors.
- Our team added clearer Calls-To-Action throughout the website and implemented on-page contact forms on most service pages.
- Landing Page Updates
- While minor content updates were included in the website redesign, our team planned to make incremental changes to key landing pages and test over time.
- Local Link Building
- To improve site authority, our team built citations and backlinks on a number of high authority sites and trusted directories, such as Three Best Rated.
- Local Search
- Our team made a number of updates to improve the visibility of the client’s Google My Business page and boost local pack rankings.
52.5% Increase in Conversions
53.8% Increase in Conversion Rate
The SEO package helped Jeffery & Spence grow the organic leads through their website by over 50% from 2018 to 2019. During the same time period, the user metrics for the website also improved, with a 19.4% increase in average session duration.
Win #1: Google My Business Visibility
Our initial changes to the Jeffery & Spence Google My Business (GmB) listing helped dramatically improve its ranking for a number of keywords clusters, in particular the keyword “insurance broker guelph”.
The client’s GmB page has continued to rank consistently in the local pack for searches for insurance brokers in Guelph, in addition to a number of other insurance-related local queries. GmB traffic was responsible for over 30% of the client’s organic traffic in the past year.
Win #2: Landing Page Updates
The targeted updates to a number of key landing pages on the website helped to increase both the traffic and conversions for these pages. Our team targeted niche insurance products that were less competitive, in order to rank against larger sites in the insurance space.
These pages saw a cumulative 152% increase in sessions (from 60 sessions to over 150), while some pages grew from single-digit pageviews in 2018 to over 50 in 2019. These landing pages generated 18 organic leads in 2019, compared to 6 leads in 2018.
Our SEO campaign delivered a new, modern website that improved local rankings for Jeffery & Spence, while continuing to grow leads being generated by key landing pages.
If you’re looking to increase the organic traffic and conversions for your business, learn more about an SEO package from Intrigue. Request an audit from our team today.