You love cats. So much so that you spend a lot of time online looking at them. You “Like” Facebook pages about cats, follow Twitter accounts dedicated to them, and watch more cat YouTube videos than you care to admit. After a while you start to notice that a lot of the ads you come across on your social media accounts are focused on pets, such as pet care services and local cat hotels.
Coincidence? Probably not.
The people behind social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube have developed ways to specially target people based on their demographic and psychographic characteristics. They give businesses the opportunities to run ads on these networks they’ve created on a pay-per-click basis, which means that businesses only pay when people click the ads that take them to a new page.
Now imagine that a business owner of a pet store in your city wants to reach people just like you that love cats. By developing a social media plan that includes social advertising techniques, such as contests, promoted posts, text ads, and video ads – all of which are tailored to reach people like you – there’s a pretty good chance you’re going to interact with that business, right? Right. Maybe even take your relationship with the business offline? Probably. That’s how social media advertising works!
Oh, and remember all those videos (especially cat ones) you love to watch? Good news! Using video can increase engagement and interaction with your social audience. Targeted video advertising through sites like LinkedIn and YouTube are a great way to reach consumers through Social Media Advertising too!
If you think you know who you want your business to reach, contact us.
Should I use Facebook Advertising?
If you fit into the following categories:
- You want to engage with a wide range of customers online
- You want targeted advertising to specific customers based on demographic characteristics and interests
- You want to collect tangible information through online contests and promotions
How Facebook Advertising Works
- You target your audience by selecting specific demographic (age, gender, income, geography, marital status, workplace, etc.) and psychographic (hobbies, interests, beliefs, etc.) criteria.
- You set your budget for the campaign.
- We design and write ads for the campaign and develop and lead generation strategy for you.
- We run the campaign and you collect contact information from qualified customers.
Why we implement Facebook contests for our clients:
It’s not just for a fun giveaway, it’s to help increase engagement on their page and collect email addresses which will be used to maintain contact with current and prospective clients and help keep the company top of mind so even if the client isn’t looking for their product or service right now, they will be the first company they think of when they are.